Monday, May 25, 2009


Meet baby Janelle!

After her long awaited arrival she finally decided to join us on the outside! We're so happy she is here. Christy went in late Sunday afternoon and within 1 1/2 hrs of being in the hospital we had a new baby girl to join the family. When we arrived & finally made it thru all the admin proceedures, they did what they normally do and hooked Christy up to the heart monitor and asked her to sit for 20 min while they took readings of the baby and Christy's contractions. Christy kept saying "I feel like I need to stand up to move this along." The intern came in and checked everything out "6 cm, 90%, and zero" was the call. After that Christy decided that she was getting up for a bit. She went over to Leslie's trusty Pallotties ball and leaned over "Whoa" she said, "that was not a normal contraction.". The nurse who was holding Christy's stomach at the time trying to rig the wireless monitor said, "I just felt the baby move all the way down, she's coming." Quickly Christy was moved into the bed and within 3 minutes she went from a 6 to 10 and ready to rock! I guess standing up was what she needed! Three contractions and pushes later and hello Janelle!

Weighing in at 7 lbs 7 oz and 18 1/2 in long she's the picture of health. She's feeding very well and Christy is healing up nicely and enjoying some quiet time at the hospital. We're going to try and get her home on Monday from UMASS Memorial, but we'll see how she feels.

The girls came by Sunday evening with Christy's mom to see their new baby sister and they could barely be contained! They are so excited to have a new addition in our home. Click this link to see more pictures.

We appreciate all your prayers and warm comments! Love ya!


19 comments:

  1. Hurray for baby Janelle! See, that extra week of waiting around at home keeping busy really paid off. So glad everything went well for your labor and delivery. What a beautiful baby!!!! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHHH, I'm so excited!!! Congratulations, she is beautiful!
    Sounds like the delivery went well! Jared, thanks for the detailed update, I love to hear delivery stories!
    Can't wait to see her~Welcome to the world baby Janelle!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe it went so fast!! I hope she had medication....Congrats on finally having her here. I think she looks like a Jones!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is so beautiful! I'm glad she is finally here. Christy, you look too good to have just had a baby! What a cute family~ Congrats to you all!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratualtions...She is so beautiful!I am glad that you are both doing well..I love the name, it's very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ps, thanks for switching to blogspot so now I can comment!! yah!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We'er so happy to have another Jones girl in the ward! Janelle is so beautiful and I love her name. Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congradulations Jared and Christy! I love her name and how you chose the first and middle names after the grandmothers/great gradmothers. So you have another JJ in your house- (Janelle Jones). She is beautiful. The boys loved to seen their cousins. We Love you guys- the Moe family.

    ReplyDelete
  9. YEA!! She's so adorable! You know how to make girls right! Enjoy the peace Christy. Love you LOTS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice job, Chris. Like I always say, don't waste time. Get in there and get straight to business. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay! Good job Christy! With deliveries like that maybe you could go another 5. But I'm sure you have other things on your mind though at the moment.

    Good luck these next couple of weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  12. She's absolutely BEAUTIFUL! :) Congrats to YOU and your family. I'm glad things went so quickly and smoothly. Welcome to blogspot too...we are so happy to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. XOXOXO to mom and Janelle...
    Can't wait to meet her!
    Congratulations~!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so glad you sent your Christmas card with this sight on it. It is so fun to see your family grow! What a beautiful family you have! Glad all is well

    ReplyDelete
  15. By the way, 2teachersgonecrazy is andy and Lesa Cox

    ReplyDelete
  16. yay! so, i've decided janelle had to come first to 'prepare' the world for the first gillman/tucker baby- sarah :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. She is such a sweet little one! I had such a nice time holding her the other day and visiting! I can't wait to do it again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yay for Janelle! What a beautiful baby! Girls are the best. Jared- you will be well taken care of with all those girls surrounding you.

    ReplyDelete
  19. She's beautiful! I had to search for your blog for some reason to see if you'd posted pics and a report. So glad to see it.

    ReplyDelete