Sunday, July 12, 2009

Lets Stick Together!




Our topic of temples and family in RS was especially touching today as I reflected on my last weeks project. I was sorting through many treasured old pictures of my father for his 60th birthday to make a slide show and thought,

"How lucky am I to have this great and beautiful family?" "THESE are amazing people!"


My dad remarked that many people he works with would give anything to have such a group of loved ones, who actually love each other. It is ALL that matters! We may not see each other as often as we would like, but when we do it is heaven! The temple makes this reality last forever and that is my goal. I must never let misunderstandings, or bickering, or hurt feelings block that path. Who has time for that? I've learned great lessons of forgiveness from my parents and grandparents and uncle and aunts who stood as examples for me in good times and not so good times. I will work to make my family the strongest they can possibly be!

Just stick together! (maybe that should be a new temple slogan, with the little Utah beehive picture embossed in the background...hmm.. ..)

1. Families
2. Are
3. Forever

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful thought, so timely with our having had a reunion this weekend. thanks for sharing and keeping the right perspective!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Post! I was JUST reflecting on the love that I have for my family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true. I love the slogan. So often little things that are SO unimportant in the scheme of things get in the way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVELY. I watched the whole slide show. Just beautiful! (Did someone graduate from Westpoint?)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, my little brother, we are headed to a West Point football game w/ him this fall..nothing like military pride!
    I did notice that I am pregnant in 1/2 of the pictures of myself...not great photo years!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great slideshow and such a great topic to think about. you are right nothing else is as important as family!

    ReplyDelete