Thursday, June 25, 2009



Baby Janelle has decided that this is
Jane Austen week!
(Jared is out of town, so we have TV rights at night :)

Each night, we pick a new movie to watch as we work on
going to sleep. So far our tally is...Becoming Jane, Pride and Prejuice (both versions), Sense and Sensability, Persuasion...maybe Emma tonight.
It's not a bad life.
Maybe she relates the the abundance of sisterly companions and their needs to
"take a turn about the room",
but she seems to want to keep watching them...
......for hours and hours upon end, she must love Jane Austen as much as me!

Next week we'll move onto old musicals!
Any suggestions?

7 comments:

  1. must bring out orphan ANNIE, she'll like all the music :)
    I love baby Janelle...she is ADORABLE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one CUTE baby!
    She must add "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers" to your stack of old musicals. And you'll need to add a few more daughters to your family, because they're all going to love it so much that they're going to beg for more sisters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Jane Austin and would be tempted to stay up all night and watch too.
    My first thought, before I read Jenny's comment, was "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers". So it is a definite MUST!! Good luck and I hope you get some more sleep soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to agree - "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers" and "The Music Man". Don't forget about "Hello Dolly"!

    I have spent many late nights watching Jane Austin movies also.

    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm embarassed to say i have yet to see any of Jane's movies or read her books. But, all that aside, she's a beautiful little girl! Becky got your box - Steve's had it hid in the van for a week. The glasses were the biggest hit - Steve's going to use them when he is on a traffic stop! He had has roaring! Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love you my friend. Thank you for your sweet box that you sent. Put a smile on my face. You are dear to my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Quite!

    How, great you can get away with so much Jane Austin. Our majority like "shoot 'em up movies.

    ReplyDelete