Tuesday, October 6, 2009

For the love!







Irecently took a weekend excursion to visit the women in my family. It came at the end of a very long summer, I was sort of at a low point as a mother, call it post partum, exhausted, or off my rocker, whatever, but I was sad, feeling inadequate, not particularly patient with my little friends that run about here at the Jones house..so in arriving at my mothers house in Seattle I was thrilled to be surprised with my ever loving Grandmother waiting at the kitchen table, just itching to grab me by the cheeks, as she always does, kiss me on the forehead, and say

"OH CHRISTINE!, YOU ARE SUCH A WONDERFUL MOTHER!"

Now.... she has said those words often, but after receiving the same step by step greeting about 10 times, each of the 5 days that I was there, their meaning started to slowly penetrate,

!st into my cheeks, as I would smile embarrasingly pink each time,
then spread to my lips, as I tried to disuade the comment,
then to my brain, as I thought, "well maybe sometimes that's true",
then to my eyes, as I looked into hers and saw complete sincerity,
and finally sunk into my silly little heart!

By the time I left for home, I was totally brainwashed into thinking,
"dude, my kids are so lucky, I am the BOMB!"
Actually I am the lucky one, to have a grandmother that never stops loving and beliving in me!
(and a mother, and sister, and sis in laws, and aunts and cousisns too... whew!)
Thanks to a great, great lady! YOU ARE WONDERFUL!
(and the hardest worker, I've ever known!)



8 comments:

  1. What a wonderful Grandma! I'm glad you have her to remind you, because you are a GREAT mom!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you got away! Sometimes that is what we need! You are a great mom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful post about your grandmother. She's CUTE! And so are you. :) Christy, you ARE the bomb! I'm glad that your grandmother was able to brainwash you into knowing what is true!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are the bomb! I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes that you didn't know that! Thank goodness for your spunky looking grandma.

    ReplyDelete
  5. grandmas are great!! I should call mine more often, they get lonely. is she picking blackberries?? I love fresh blackberries!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very sweet post about some very sweet women. You ARE da bomb, and don't you forget it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks all! You guys are some of my shining examples of motherhood yourselves! I'm glad we stick together!
    and yess, wild blackberries galore at my parents house! Tricky picking thou..

    ReplyDelete
  8. You ARE the BOMB! Always so much fun to be around and coming up with such creative fun things to do. I am so glad that you got away and were able to revive yourself and remember what a great mom you are! Thanks for your wonderful example!

    ReplyDelete