Winter in New England is the source of complaint for most (including me, I won't lie..it's dang tough sometimes), but I really do find enjoyment in the fact that the cold and snow make my family slow down, like level 2 speed on the snowblower. Our plans are canceled and we just hang out together. Days like today where we wake up buried, I love to hear the muffled giggles of girls cuddling underneath blankets, reading or playing cards before breakfast. How great are days where you have time to make waffles, pancakes, eggs, bacon, juice, toast, and toss in some oatmeal and coco just for fun! (We need to build up our body fat.... more insulation).
On days like today, I remember that time is a gift! I love to "freeze" time.
The ice rink at night is as still as it gets.
Oh my goodness - LOVE Your header picture...WOW! That is great. I too love when time slows down, nothing better. Good to hear from you! :) xoxo
ReplyDeleteSnow days on Sunday are my favorite...they end up being the best family day!
ReplyDeleteAnd YES, it forces us to slow down and I love it!
We had a huge breakfast too...must have been the weather (and the fact that we had time to eat) :)
Such a great picture on top! I love snow days except for the fact that I always want to eat a big breakfast, bake and munch all day! I am working way too hard on that insulation!
ReplyDeleteI love love love that picture of your family! How fun. It's a keeper.
ReplyDeleteHey guys-
ReplyDeleteLove the Christmas picture! I was trying to send you guys a Christmas Card, but I don't think I have your new address...just email it stc33@comcast.net
Hope you guys have a merry Christmas!
Love,
Tia
Your girls are PRECIOUS!
ReplyDeleteLove your new look.
You got an ICE RINK!
Fun!!
(ours failed this year)
Hey Christy,
ReplyDeleteThat picture of the girls is precious. I want one for the frig!! I feel like we haven't seen enough of you guys lately. I always loved snow days when the girls were young too. Great reasons to stay home and have family fun, cocoa and togetherness!