As Janelle's sleep schedule is finally matching up with theirs, there is a new motivation for my older babes when going to bed...cuddling a REAL baby to sleep.
For a 9 & 10 year old this must be the ULTIMATE dreamland! Not that I blame them, there is nothing sweeter than a sleeping baby! One of Kate's Little Critter books is about a new baby sister. On the last page, he takes the baby for a walk to show his friends and says...
"They think I am SO lucky!"
We are most definitely lucky ducklings! Neighbor hood kids stop at our house after bus drop off just to say hi to the baby and possible be lucky enough to hold her. They even post pictures of her in their lockers. My girls take special pride in the fact that she is ours. Our arguments around who gets to hold her always end up in me saying emphatically ..."HELLO!!!, we OWN her!"
I try to give special attention to Ashley and Kate to make certain that they don't feel left out, but most often they are part of the fan club. Popularity does have its downfalls though. Poor Kate has quadrupled her punishment intake from baby overhaul! I sometimes get frustrated with the adoration, still I understand the kids untamed emotions for their sister. But, J-5 seems to be the perfect temperment for all this attention and must feel the love, ( even when love hurts...)
So we will revel in this baby stage for as long as we can! Sweet dreams my dears!
( I do remove her to a safer location later on...but sometimes, shhh, ...I just watch and cuddle in myself.)
She is pretty dang cute!!
ReplyDeleteThose pictures are wonderful! Love snuggly baby photos. I too moved mine later ;-)
ReplyDeleteThat is so sweet!!
ReplyDeleteso ADORABLE!
ReplyDeleteI just love your girls! that top picture is so cute too!
ReplyDeleteSo sweet. It is wonderful to snuggle with a baby. When A & A we just a month old Leslie and I each took one while they slept on our chest and we watched movies. It was HEAVEN.
ReplyDeleteOh Christy, those are my FAVORITE! I used to let Bubby snuggle in with Ben for the night before he required 1,000 tubes, wires and machines. It was much easier to move him later when he wasn't so attatched. I'm glad you took pictures.
ReplyDeleteSO sweet...
ReplyDeleteenjoy~
xo