Thursday, February 17, 2011

All that Jazz




Recently we attended band night for Brooklynn and Hallie. Both are in pianists in jazz band, Brooky is still whistling away at her flute, and Hallie is on cello. The instuctor was nice enough to let Hallie play with the band even though our school does not teach string instruments. "Just put her in the back if you want..she'll blend in..she just would LOVE to be a part of the group"
For Hallie is it ALL social. He is super nice and devoted to these kids. So he put her right up front and even had her do a solo. We loved watching both girls play in the band together. They'd die to hear me say it, but it is ADORABLE! I am like one of those psycho parents wanting to stand up and scream "thats my girl!",,,but gratefuly... I refrain.
(Brooklynn's bow was of course ripped out as soon as she entered the building..but at least we got one pict..) There is a current bribe for them to learn a duet for flute and cello. (Hey I do what I can!)

2 comments: