Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentines Dinner




We totally LOVE the sister missionaries in our ward!
For valentines dinner we decorated to the MAX (paper products style!)
..with a few elegant touches...

All week we've been filling up our little red mailbox with notes of love & gratitude about people around us (namely siblings)
After SLIGHT disagreements as to when to read these notes, we decided upon our dinner with the missionaries as a NEUTRAL location. My favorite was Kate's note about me...

"mom was so nice when she got me out of my room today"
Wait?? ...she was in her room for a punishment! Very mad at me! I just told her when time was up and gave a hug...that meant a lot in her little world I guess...I'm sure glad I gave the hug. Apparently she forgot about the sad moment, why do I still remember it?
Lessons from the pure in HEART! Such a lovely evening :)

7 comments:

  1. I love her view of how nice you were to get her out.
    KIDS ARE THE BEST!
    Your dinner looks fun, a lot of love in that room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the new picture at the top!! It is SO fabulous!!!

    You are a good mom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. we DO need to be like little children, right?!?

    and that's just how your kids view you: very nice.

    sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good, good stuff here. You ARE a nice mom. ;) Now go and forget what your kids already have. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet story! I love your decorating and love of the sister missionaries

    ReplyDelete
  6. yay! i was so happy to see you updated with darling pictures. i'm glad your dinner turned out great too. and your picture above makes me think of that computer commercial where the mom swaps out faces to get the 'perfect family that nature didn't give her' :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great ideas to do love notes- and focus on what is good about their siblings rather than the negative!!! Sister missionaries are awesome! I bet they felt a lot of love at the Jones home!

    ReplyDelete