



Starting new traditions is hard! Our system for Halloween in Massachusetts had been in place for years, and was one of our favorite times with friends and neighbors. I wasn't certain, even with the lure of candy, how the new plan would go. As there are not many easily walkable neighborhoods in the area, the town wisely organizes trick-or-treat in downtown Gig Harbor every year around the shops. The time is 4-6pm. (sweet.. no chasing kids in the dark, fumbling glow sticks and necklaces, and frozen toes!)
So we headed out, strait from school, costumes already on (major plus), luckliy parked in Grandpa's downtown parking spot, and hit banks, cute stores, pet shops with treats for our dog :), resturants, etc. ALL were out, ALL were thrilled to participate in this event. Even some boats in the harbor passed out candy!! WAY COOL. It was fabulous! the best part, we were home by 6pm. Normal dinner hour (full of veggies), no candy past 6:30, everyone was happy, bathed and in bed at USUAL hours. No doorbell. I can seriously get used to this.
Memories are never lost and new traditions are fun I am learning. Next year I will remember to bring my dog, in full costume, apparently it is the thing to do!
(we had to take a picture of our favorite costume...curious george and the man with the yellow hat!)
We LOVE that Man with the yellow hat costume! AWESOME.
ReplyDeleteSounds like a great time! All you missed back east was a snowstorm, power outages lasting for days, and delayed Halloween festivities.
I love Curious George as well. What a great costume, and tradition. It's always fun to see what the rest of the world does
ReplyDeleteThat man with the yellow hat is AWESOME!
ReplyDeleteHey, Grafton wasn't doing trick or treating SOOO, we took your place in the old neighborhood. We treated around your old stompin' grounds. It made me miss you more.
I'm glad you guys enjoyed your new traditions. CUTE little costumes.
How fun to trick-or-treat around town. Great new tradition!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great idea! We went this past Friday (never trick or treated on November 4th or had snow on the ground at that time) and it was good, but we MISSED YOU GUYS! I love the 4-6 idea. It was pitch black, freezing cold and windy.
ReplyDeleteEveryone looks so great in their costumes. My favorite is the man with the yellow hat!!! We are huge curious george fans here!!!! So glad you are finding and making new traditions. Miss you tons!!!
ReplyDeleteSweet! Love you and miss you! Glad all is well in your new home. Any chance of ever meeting up?
ReplyDeleteJeri
jerianna.blogspot.com
Uh, can I get your new address?
ReplyDeleteJeri