
For weeks Hallie worked on these hair pieces for her school marketplace. Burnt finger tips from the glue gun, and cuts from sharp scissors.. didn't slow her. She was down to a little over 2 min for each twisted cloth clip. This was totally her, mom only made a couple sad looking ones, which she doctored up to show better. A skill she learned this summer from Aunt Julie. A great skill as seen in her sales. Almost sold out! All the proceeds from the marketplace go to a 5th grade pool of $ for camp at the end of the year. All parents were invited and the other grades were able to shop at different times during the school day. An amazing fundraising idea, all things made by the kids. Very successful and fun. These students came up with the coolest things! Many of which hallie herself couldn't resist buying (who can resist snowmen made from socks?.. she says after coming home with 8 of them) All for the cause I guess. Am I smarter than my 5th grader..maybe not always.
Good for her! Wow. And what a fun idea.
ReplyDeleteI remember this activity from Texas! What a worker! I might have to hire her for Breyer
ReplyDeleteNice job!
ReplyDeleteThat made my crack up! 8 sock snowmen!!! Totally made my night- I needed a good laugh. She is so cute, I miss that Hallie. How resourceful and creative of her to make the clips.
ReplyDelete