Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Spit shined.


Beautiful trophy isn't it? Jared won it this year in his annnual golf trip with the buddies. They've passed it around through the years, new plaques are added with nicknames, full of inside jokes. The silver seems to get shinier each year. Special.
Well the shine on it now is extra personal.
In order to safely get the trophy home Jared made certain to carefully cushion it in his carry-on. What items would you be carrying home after a 3 day 36 hole, man trip?
Not quite "downey soft".
Yes this spectacular and sought after treasure was tightly bundled in the unwashed undies. Every crevice.

"Sir,, what is that in your bag? Is it a trophy?"
"Yes"
"Well we need to take a look at it"

They probably thanked their lucky stars for the stringent manager that made them wear gloves as they unraveled his stinky drawers looking for the now freshly glossed trophy.

So next year...game on....this prize is FRESH!
(sorry Jared, I HAD to record this story for posterity, and future packing lessons)
Video of the 2010 Golf Trip

2 comments:

  1. Where's the pink pants? Are they wrapped in the dirty undies too? I laughed so hard when you told me this story! I think I will be admiring that trophy from afar-- very far away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That IS special. :) And funny!

    ReplyDelete