
"So, mom, you REALLY can't make me chocolate chip waffles this morning?" (Brooklynn thoughtfully pondered as she observed me feeding the baby)
I watched her scrunch her face and think for a few minutes at my mention of... just cereal today...
"I guess I can do it myself..." she warily mumbled striding towards the kitchen.
Now I HAVE tried to be a good mom and teach her these skills, but she has yet to be willing to atttempt certain tasks on her own. (I won't say lazy..at least not outloud)
10 min later and wala!
Can anything be so elegant as to have few wants, and to serve them one's self?--Ralf Waldo Emmerson
They tasted great too!
That is awesome! Way to go Brooklyn! I need to be better about letting my kids do more for themselves. My boys are going to go on their missions and not know how to boil water. It's sometimes easier (and less messy) to do it myself and I need to let them do more.
ReplyDeleteGOOD FOR HER! That's such a good feeling to know you can do it yourself...
ReplyDeletegood for YOU too!
Nice job kid!
ReplyDeleteHey she can come over and make waffles anytime! Especially with all that chocolate! WAY TO GO!
ReplyDeleteWow, how great is that. I'm glad you sat on that couch and let all that happen.
ReplyDeleteWoo hoo Brooklyn! That is right up my alley! I must admit on the nights that Guitar Daddy has YM, Little Miss Sunshine and I make choc. chip pancakes together. Fanatstic- so when she's Brooklyn's age, she can make them for me!!!! Hooray!!!!
ReplyDeletegreat job Brooklyn. they look really good
ReplyDeleteA BIG shout-out to kids who can do it themselves! YAY Brooklyn!
ReplyDelete