Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Change is Good?








Our decision to move to Seattle this summer came as a shock to all...no one more than us, but after a final and almost perfect summer of packing..., playing, beach lounging, saying goodbye (the WORST part..) we set off on our road trip. Coast to Coast...
A few Highlights and lowpoints....
The cars were sectioned accordingly...Kate, Janelle and Mom in the van, Brooklynn, Hallie, Ashley in the Acura...Grandpa, Dad and Mom switched around. We tried to mix up kids at one point which ended in crying, hitting, pinching, tattling, so we decided to just KEEP the status quo and never switched again. Each child was armed with a variety of items to insure constant, thourough and hopefully exhausting entertainment. Electronics and wires and headphones, and car jacks circled in frenzy, I am surprised our brain waves were not fried by the end. Among the electronics mingled the ever ending supply of snacks, drinks, candy and gum. These two categories always mix well don't you think? Chaos you say...it was actually a very smooth 5 days of driving. Saw Kirtland temple, NY friends, who let us stop and swim, Chicago friends, Sister Julie's family (our fav part), Mall O America (oh man!!), mile after mile of sunflowers, oil drills, wind turbines (it really creepy to see hundred of these things on one field). There were rest stops, cousins in South Dakota, MT Rushmore, and Montana mountain streams. On the last day of driving, I think the van group watched the movie Rio about 4 times. KEEP THE PEOPLE HAPPY! But a safe and smooth trip was our greatest blessing!
All I can say is LOOK OUT Washington, we are here :)

2 comments:

  1. So glad you made it safely! I hope you are enjoying your new area. Miss you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am married to Mr. Brown Sign. I know exactly what happened! Look out is right!

    ReplyDelete